NCRS Foundation Scholarship
- The number of scholarships and the amount of each scholarship will be determined, from time to time, dependent upon the then income and assets of the foundation. All scholarships shall be awarded in a non-discriminate manner, without regard to color, creed, national origin or sex. The award will be based upon scholastic achievement, leadership and character. Any scholarship awarded is for one year. It may he awarded for future year's if application is made but not more than 3 additional years, so long, as during the prior academic year, the student maintained at least a 3.0 grade point average (on a 4.0 scale) or equivalent in a full time student classification. The application process shall consist of completing the NCRS Foundation application form. A notice of availability of the scholarship program shall be provided on the web site of NCRS and also in publications furnished by NCRS to its members.
- Distribution of scholarship funds will be made directly to each student following the confirmation of enrollment. The student must submit an enrollment confirmation in the provided envelope to the Scholarship Committee by the submission date to receive payment.
- In the event of any misuse of scholarship funds, the corporation shall
- Permanently terminate the right to the misusing individual to further participate in the scholarship program, and
- Initiate and diligently prosecute collection activities to recover from the recipient all amounts which have been misused.
- No scholarship may be awarded to any person who is related by descent or marriage to anyone who serves on the NCRS Board of Directors, is an employee of the NCRS or is on the selection committee.
Selection and Eligibilty Guidelines
Selection criteria is the same for both programs except as noted:
- Applicants will be NCRS members or children, grandchildren, nieces or nephews of NCRS members in good standing.
- Applicants will have applied and been accepted at an accredited post secondary school, college or university.
- The Automotive Scholarships are available to students pursuing a carrer in the Auto Industry by attending either an automotive releated technical school or college.
- Marvin Burnett Memorial Scholarship applicants must he planning careers in education.
- Applicants must be planning to enroll and take 12 or more hours per semester.
- While academic and extracurricular performance will be the principle criteria for the award, apparent financial need will also be considered in the application. Applicants should therefore include a statement of the source of their funds for their education.
In the spring of each year, applications are made available to students desiring to apply for one or both of the scholarships. General communications are made through the NCRS Driveline publication so that all members are aware of the program guidelines and timeline. Applications received after the posted cut off date will not be considered. Similarly, applications which are incomplete or containing erroneous information will not be considered.
The group responsible for screening all applications and making scholarship award recommendations is the NCRS Foundation Scholarship Committee.
Scholarships are awarded on a one academic year basis. Payments will be made to the student after evidence is provided to the Scholarship Committee of their successful enrollment at their school.
Scholarships are not loans and repayment of financial assistance received is not expected. However, recipients ;are encouraged to contribute to the scholarship fund in at the appropriate time in their lite and according to their financial ability so that future participants will have the same opportunity.
Special request of the scholarship fund which is not covered by these guidelines will be reviewed by the Foundation Scholarship Committee.
Scholarship Application Form
The Scholarship Application Form available here must be filled out and returned to Joan Burnett, postmarked, after June 1 and before August 1, 2012. This form has fields that can be filled out online by typing in the appropriate spot and then Tabbing to the next open field. Once filled in it can be printed directly for mailing to Joan Burnett at the address on the form. Any question about this process should be directed to Joan Burnett