The NCRS Foundation
Formed in 2006, the National Corvette Restorers Society Foundation is a 501(c) 3 Charity designed to provide an individual and/or corporate sponsors an avenue to make contributions of monies, non-cash items such as stock/securities or Corvette archive memorabilia to support the NCRS Scholarship program and the NCRS Charity program.
How to Contribute and Become a Foundation Member
Supporters can become Foundation Members by contributing to the NCRS Foundation whose Mission Statement is to support the NCRS Scholarship program and the NCRS Charity program. All contributions will be recorded, and when anyone reaches the next threshold, the NCRS Foundation will recognize those members at the Annual Membership meeting during the next NCRS National Convention. The total value of contributions including archives will be cumulative for each individual.
|Individual Contribution Levels
|Foundation Sappire Member
|Foundation Ruby Member
|Foundation Emerald Member
|Foundation Diamond Member
An alternative to a gift of cash, deserving careful consideration, is a gift of appreciated assets such as stock, bonds, retirement accounts, life insurance, Corvettes and real estate. These may provide you with income and/ or estate tax savings. In addition, you can make a contribution honoring an individual or make a lasting memorial gift to the Foundation Scholarship Fund. NCRS Foundation Inc. will notify the honoree and the family of the memorial gift.
Mail contributions to:
P O Box 2080
Penn Valley, CA 95946
If you have any questions, please feel free to call (636)462-4401 CDT or send email.
NCRS Foundation Chair
Message from the NCRS Foundation Chair
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all members who have encouraged students in applying for the NCRS Foundation Scholarships over the past 9 years. Program to date, we have awarded 94 scholarships totaling $121,500. It is our intention to award General Scholarships; Automotive Related Scholarships; the Gilbert Scrivner Memorial Scholarship, the Donald Majestic Memorial General Scholarship as well as the Marvin Burnett Memorial Scholarship on an annual basis. In addition, we will award the Terrance Breher Memorial Scholarship sponsored by the Nebraska Chapter. We will be once again be accepting applications from NCRS members, their children, grandchildren, nieces and nephews of NCRS members in good standing for all scholarship categories for the 2018- 2019 school year from June 1st through August 14, 2018. (See Guidelines and application) (See Guidelines and application)
As a reminder, this program can only continue and grow through the generosity of its members. I am pleased to report that we raised over $54,000 in 2017 through the generosity of individuals, chapters & auctions. It is not too late to get on board and become a member of the Foundation.
Below are excerpts from some of the notes received from 2017-2018 Scholarship recipients/sponsors:
- I’m honored to have been a recipient of the General Automotive Scholarship. My sophomore year has gotten more challenging and also more expensive. This Scholarship will insure I get all the books and software I need. Thank you! – Kevin Vallely
- Thank you very much for awarding me the NCRS Donald Majestic Memorial Scholarship. It will greatly benefit my academic future in the coming quarters at UC Davis. – Mareena Vivas
- Thank you for the tremendous honor of selecting me as the recipient of the General Scholarship. I’m currently pursuing a career in the STEM fields, specializing in software programming. I have a diverse interest in engineering and I am keeping the option open of translating my love of Corvettes into a career in the automotive industry. – Peter Prygocki
- Thank you for your generous Scholarship. I am both happy and appreciative to learn of my selection for this honor and I‘m immensely grateful for your support. I promise I will work very hard and hope one day I will be able to help students achieve their goals just as you have helped me. – Brooke Rackley
- I want to thank you for granting me the NCRS Foundation Scholarship. I am both honored and grateful to have been selected. I am looking forward to seeing how this scholarship enhances my education at Liberty University. The Foundation always hits close to home. My dad’s passion and hobby is old cars. His corvette has always been my favorite and I have grown up riding with him, enjoying fellowship and time together. – Jake Preston
- Thank you so much! This is such an honor and I am very humbled to have been chosen! Kevin Robb
- Great news. This is a BIG help to Kevin and family. And an OU student!!! – Ken Robb
- I’m so honored to have received this scholarship and very grateful for the opportunity it provides. I’m off to a great start with my classes and loving Chapel Hill, and this scholarship will help me in continuing my studies. – Emma Ravenberg
- I just want to thank the NCRS Foundation for this prodigious honor. The scholarship is greatly appreciated, and will be useful in offsetting the costs of my education. Thank you again for your time and consideration. – David Anderson
- Thank you very much for awarding me the NCRS scholarship. I am beyond grateful to have the assistance in paying for my college education. – Sydney Maxwell
- Thank you very much! I am extremely grateful for everything the Society has done for my family and me. I will continue to work hard and show my gratitude for this generous award. Haley Murphy
- Thank you so very much. I truly appreciate the wonderful support. – Brett Cain
- Thank you so much!! – Katarina Watson
NCRS Foundation Chair
In July 2009, the NCRS Foundation Board of Directors voted to begin awarding scholarships for the 2009-2010 academic year. It was agreed that four $1,000 General Scholarships would be awarded to eligible recipients. In addition the Board established the Marvin Burnett Memorial Scholarship in the amount of $2,500 to be awarded to a recipient who is pursuing a degree in education.
As we have continued to grow the Foundation, the number of scholarships has continued to grow as well going from 4 to 6 to 8 to 10 to 12 General Scholarships in addition to the Marvin Burnett Memorial Scholarship. In the 2012-2013 academic year the Board requested that the two additional General Scholarships be awarded to individuals who were pursuing careers in the automotive industry when there were eligible applicants. In 2014 the Nebraska chapter established the Terrance Breher Memorial Scholarship. In 2016 the NCRS Board of Directors established the Donald Majestic Memorial General Scholarship. In 2017 the NCRS Foundation Board of Directors established the Gilbert Scrivner Memorial Scholarship in the amount of $2,500 to be awarded to the overall top Student. Gilbert was the NCRS Past President who was instrumental in insuring the NCRS Foundation was established.
Since the first scholarships were awarded for the 2009-2010 academic year, a total of 94 Scholarships have been awarded through the 2017-2018 academic year. The Scholarship breakdown to date are: 70 - General scholarships, 8 - Automotive related scholarships, 9 - Marvin Burnett Memorial Education scholarships, 4 - Terrance Breher Memorial scholarships and 2 - Donald Majestic Memorial scholarships and 1 – Gilbert Scrivner Memorial scholarship.
Review the General Guidelines and find the Application form here!