The NCRS Foundation
Formed in 2006, the National Corvette Restorers Society Foundation is a 501(c) 3 Charity designed to provide an individual and/or corporate sponsors an avenue to make contributions of monies, non-cash items such as stock/securities or Corvette archive memorabilia to support the NCRS Scholarship program and the NCRS Charity program.
How to Contribute and Become a Foundation Member
Supporters can become Foundation Members by contributing to the NCRS Foundation whose Mission Statement is to support the NCRS Scholarship program and the NCRS Charity program. All contributions will be recorded, and when anyone reaches the next threshold, the NCRS Foundation will recognize those members at the Annual Membership meeting during the next NCRS National Convention. The total value of contributions including archives will be cumulative for each individual.
|Individual Contribution Levels|
|$100||Foundation Sappire Member|
|$500||Foundation Ruby Member|
|$1,000||Foundation Emerald Member|
|$5,000||Foundation Diamond Member|
An alternative to a gift of cash, deserving careful consideration, is a gift of appreciated assets such as stock, bonds, retirement accounts, life insurance, Corvettes and real estate. These may provide you with income and/ or estate tax savings. In addition, you can make a contribution honoring an individual or make a lasting memorial gift to the Foundation Scholarship Fund. NCRS Foundation Inc. will notify the honoree and the family of the memorial gift.
Mail contributions to:
P O Box 2080
Penn Valley, CA 95946
If you have any questions, please feel free to call (636)462-4401 CDT or send email.
NCRS Foundation Chair
Message from the NCRS Foundation Chair
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all members who have encouraged students in applying for the NCRS Foundation Scholarships over the past 8 years. Program to date, we have awarded 78 scholarships totaling $96,000. It is our intention to award General Scholarships; Automotive Related Scholarships; the Donald Majestic Memorial General Scholarship as well as the Marvin Burnett Memorial Scholarship on an annual basis. In addition, we will award the Terrance Breher Memorial Scholarship sponsored by the Nebraska Chapter. We will be once again be accepting applications from NCRS members, their children, grandchildren, nieces and nephews of NCRS members in good standing for all scholarship categories for the 2017-2018 school year from June 12th through August 10, 2017. (See Guidelines and application)
As a reminder, this program can only continue and grow through the generosity of its members. I am pleased to report that we raised over $52,000 in 2016 through the generosity of individuals, chapters & auctions. In addition, $100,000 was received from the NCRS from monies received from the Donald Majestic Estate. It is not too late to get on board and become a member of the Foundation.
Below are excerpts from some of the notes received from 2016-2017 Scholarship recipients/sponsors:
- Thank you very much for the financial support for my second year at Berry College. I truly appreciate your generosity. – Brett Cain
- Thank you so much for the Terrance Breher Memorial Scholarship. This scholarship will help pay for my books and college tuition. – Lauren West
- I am writing to thank you and express my gratitude for awarding me this scholarship. Without it, I would be struggling to find ways to lower the portion of my tuition I am responsible for. It also allows me to receive a degree from the college and eventually pursue a career where I can demonstrate what I have learned over the course of my studies. – Jenna Schmidt
- I am writing to thank you for your generous Scholarship. I was both happy and appreciative to learn of my selection for this honor and I am immensely grateful for your support. I promise I will work very hard and hope one day I will be able to help students achieve their goals just as you have helped me. – Brooke Rackley
- Thank you for selecting my granddaughter, Brooke Rackley to receive a $1,200 scholarship for 2016-2017. Brooke has always been very studious and goal orientated and continues those traits in her young adult life. Thank you again for helping her to achieve her goals. – Gary Rackley
- Thank you very much for selecting me for this award! It is very helpful! – Haley Murphy
- Thanks so much for the notice of Haley Murphy receiving the Marvin Burnett Memorial Scholarship. Haley was very excited to get your e mail announcing the award. – Larry Murphy.
- Thank you for considering Sarah for the NCRS Foundation Scholarship. I will encourage her to try again next year. – Jerome Lardy
- My thanks to the NCRS General Scholarship administration for awarding me this scholarship! I will continue to pursue my goals for the future with the NCRS and their kindness in mind. – Colin Noel
- Please extend my thankfulness to the NCRS Foundation for being selected as a General Scholarship Recipient. This scholarship will assist me greatly as I continue to pursue my dream of becoming a pharmacist and working towards my academic goals. I truly appreciate the NCRS Foundation for this opportunity. – Alex Della Pia
- Thank you very much! – Cassidy Means
- I am honored to be the recipient of this award. I am grateful for the NCRS Foundation for establishing this scholarship program. Thank you for helping me achieve my goals – Nicole Meyer
NCRS Foundation Chair
In July 2009, the NCRS Foundation Board of Directors voted to begin awarding scholarships for the 2009-2010 academic year. It was agreed that four $1,000 General Scholarships would be awarded to eligible recipients. In addition the Board established the Marvin Burnett Memorial Scholarship in the amount of $2500 to be awarded to a recipient who is pursuing a degree in education.
As we have continued to grow the Foundation, the number of scholarships has continued to grow as well going from 4 to 6 to 8 to 10 to 12 General Scholarships in addition to the Marvin Burnett Memorial Scholarship. In the 2012-2013 academic year the Board requested that the two additional General Scholarships be awarded to individuals who were pursuing careers in the automotive industry. In 2014 the Nebraska chapter established the Terrance Breher Memorial Scholarship. In 2016 the NCRS Board of Directors established the Donald Majestic Memorial General Scholarship
Since the first scholarships were awarded for the 2009-2010 academic year, a total of 60 general scholarships, 6 automotive related, scholarships, 8 Marvin Burnett Memorial Education scholarships, 3 Terrance Breher Memorial scholarships and 1 Donald Majestic Memorial scholarship.
Review the General Guidelines and find the Application form here!